I've been meaning to post. Really, I have. I think about posting when I'm not at work, but I haven't had my internet connection set up at my apartment yet. By the time I'm at my computer again at work, whatever I'd intended to post doesn't seem very interesting anymore.
Today was strike two for me with the DMV. I have my Virginia drivers license now, but I keep striking out with the title & registration. Lessons from today's trip to the DMV:
1. I cannot title my car here until I have the actual title in my hands. This means that will have to wait until I finish paying off my car in 4 months.
2. They not only need proof of my dad's address (as co-owner of my vehicle), but they also need his signature. Why they couldn't have told me they needed his signature last time I was in there, I'll never know. I'm sure that next time there will be something else that I'm required to have that they somehow neglected to tell me. Oh well, I don't really want Virginia plates that badly.
3. Everyone assumes that because I have a co-owner on my vehicle that, that person is my husband. Umm... no... he's my father. Did you see a ring that resembled a wedding or engagement ring anywhere on either of my hands? The answer would be no.
Sorry, the DMV makes me particularly cranky.
4 comments:
It's official. Virginia is weird. You should be able to register your car with just the info from the bank, not the actual title. I will say, though, I'm impressed how quickly you got on the license plates and drivers license. There are people here who've been here over a year and still haven't got Montana plates.
we hateses nasty DMV workers!
ps -- i've revived my blog
weird. totally weird. after all the 'horror' stories about CAs DMV when i first moved out there i figured Cali had to be the worst. NOPE. Virginia definitely wins.
i think my parents & i had discussed the possibility of leaving the car registered in SD, and for some reason, i'm thinking that we concluded that wouldn't work. but i just can't remember the reasoning behind that...
Post a Comment