Even though I grew up in the country, somehow, I'm much more of a city girl. I usually explain it by the fact that my mom is from Southern California, but in reality, that's probably not the reason since mom is not really a city girl herself.
While I can't quite explain why I am this way, I do know that I respond to the country like most city people respond to the country. If I'm in a rural area for too long, I start to feel stressed and antsy. I'm just itching to see more people, more diversity, more buildings, more traffic... Rural areas may be peaceful in the short term, but in the long term, they make me really jittery. I guess that's how people who are more comfortable in the country feel when they're in the city.
Like I said, I have no real explanation for it, but there's something that pulls me to the city.
3 comments:
i hear you - totally!!!!!!!
wow...i am the exact opposite...
ditto. :) Even though I have no scientific proof to support my belief - because I have never lived in a big city.
I just know it.....
LW
Post a Comment