Today was the first time I voted in person rather than through absentee ballot. For my pains, I received a lovely sticker with an American flag in the background and the words "proud to vote." It's so special that I decided to wear it while I worked at the reference desk tonight. I thought it would be nice to show that I'd done my civic duty and canceled out someone else's vote.
While at the reference desk, I had a couple extra tabs open in Firefox: one with the Virginia state election returns and one with the South Dakota state election returns. I'm quasi-obsessed with tracking election returns. I have some strange fascination with seeing how the numbers fluctuate as more precincts turn in their results.
Actually, I'm a little bummed that I don't have the Internet or TV at home because it means that as soon as I head home for the night, I'll have no news until I get back to work tomorrow morning. Sad. How on earth am I supposed to obsess properly about how particular candidates, amendments, ballot initiatives, and referendums are doing if I can't click the refresh button every 5 minutes?
4 comments:
i've been doing the same thing all night!
steph
You ARE your mother's daughter. :)
darling... you need to fall in love or something... :)
oh, i would still care about electon returns ;)
Post a Comment