Monday, August 13, 2007

green water

Evidently someone deposited something in the little stream that runs under my street near the park. I would imagine that it's not something that belongs in the stream. All I know is that, that is the most unnatural color of green that I've ever seen in water, and this is definitely neither Chicago nor St. Patrick's Day.



3 comments:

Meghan said...

GROSS!

Stuff like that doesn't happen in Indiana... you should definitely move back.

:)

Bob said...

I think it looks kinda purdy.

melissa said...

Evidently green color was caused by "a non-toxic dye used by the City's Public Utilities (and other departments) to test sanitary wastewater and stormwater pipes/drains. In this case, the Public Utilities (Water/Sewer) Department is conducting various tests in that area to identify breaks in the sanitary sewer line."

I was a bit concerned, so I e-mailed the city about it.