Evidently the tenants of the three other apartments on my level complained of hearing water running continually in their apartments. I never heard this in mine. One of the three tenants is the property manager, and you can bet that she was all over getting the problem fixed.
Lucky for me the water main happened to run right under the sidewalk in front of my apartment. So in the midst of my travels, workmen came and tore up the sidewalk to get to the water main. Either they haven't yet fixed the problem or they're just lazy about finishing jobs because for about 2 weeks now, this has been what the entrance to my place looks like.
Not only is the work not complete, but since I've been back, I haven't seen a single workman come to even glance at the mess they left. I've called the property manager to see when the sidewalk will be repaired. According to her, she has no idea and didn't seem terribly concerned. I think she actually said, "Well, you can still get into your apartment." Umm, yes, by ducking under yellow caution tape and walking over construction rubble. Why should I be bothered by that?
While it's irritating for me, I'm more concerned for my downstairs neighbor, the only other person this "inconvenience" affects. She must be 97 at this point and is rather shaky. I think she uses a walker cane or a small cart to keep her steady. I can just imagine her falling and breaking a hip or worse. I would imagine then the property manager would see how this is more than just a little inconvenience.
2 comments:
If I were you, I'd invest in a nice pair of sparkling sharp scissors and start by clipping that yellow tape!
DITTO!!!! and clip the tape in front of the old lady's apartment too.
Post a Comment