Monday, October 26, 2009

Tomorrow morning at 8:30 a.m. I have an appointment with the podiatrist. For the past year or so, I have intermittently felt a stabbing pain in the ball of my left foot. It happens most often when I'm wearing flat shoes and my foot bends at the ball. I actually have purposely worn heels less often in the past year, in hopes that the pain would stop on its own. No such luck.

I'm afraid that the doctor will say I shouldn't wear heels anymore and recommend that I wear flat, practical shoes with orthotics. That just might do me in for the year.

So to torture myself even more, I "window shopped" at the Nine West website earlier today and found these shoes:



They're so pretty. Flat shoes are never that pretty. If my foot ends up being OK, I'm going to buy them.

5 comments:

yellowgirl said...

I would beg to disagree about the pretty flat shoes thing. I was thrilled when flats started becoming more popular because they now make some pretty darn cute flats. I think you could start having a whole new love for flat shoes. Though, orthotics doesn't sound fun. or cute.

melissa said...

The problem with most of those cute ballet flats is that they have absolutely no cushioning or arch support. They hurt my feet. The ones with proper cushioning are pretty hideous.

V said...

How did things come out? if you want to find super cute flats (and I mean it) check out piperlime!

melissa said...

I will have to check them out. Thanks for the tip :)

studiocitro said...

yeah, so wearing flats didn't work.... ignore my wise advice in the post above... :) But I do think it might be the same thing. I just go about 50-50 and then it doesn't hurt as much. Well, actually, how much of the day do you spend on your feet? And I agree about heels - they just make the legs look longer and slimmer and sexier :)