Monday, May 28, 2012

working my way back out

So I realize it has been almost an entire year since my last post. I'm sorry about my long silence. I won't try to rewrite the entire past year for far too much has passed between then and now, but I will say it has been a very hard year. Trying in ways I never guessed it would be. God is faithful through it all, but it has not been a particularly easy year.

Right now I'm trying to declutter both physically and emotionally. It is a long process. Every weekend I tackle one part of my life and find myself with bags of trash and recycling to haul out to the dumpsters, both literal and metaphorical. Every time I think I'm nearing the end there's a new stash of stuff and more tears to shed that I didn't know were left behind. I think it will be a while longer before I get to the end of all the junk, but I believe there will be an end in sight eventually.

Ephesians 2:1-7
And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience—among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved—and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

4 comments:

Meghan said...

Hey Lady... Love seeing a post from you and thanks for the kick in the pants to get on things myself! :-)

Grateful to have a peek at what's been on your heart this year, and more grateful to know how to be praying for you. So excited to see you this summer! Love you!!!

studiocitro said...

Cleansing is always good - there will be treasures and rewards at the end of it. Don't forget to love yourself and don't forget that you have friends that love you very much.

So good to see you back online :)

melissa said...

Thanks, ladies! Love you both lots! I'm going to try to post more regularly, so feel free to give me a nudge if I'm slacking :)

Janis VV said...

I find decluttering my life difficult on so many levels. But so rewarding. Welcome back by the way. I've missed your blogs. :)