This morning I was making myself some tea, and I happened to notice the description on the Twinings English breakfast tea bag. It says:
"A blend of Ceylon, Kenyan and Indian teas, producing a full-bodied English brew."
English? Really? Because I didn't think that Ceylon (now Sri Lanka), Kenya, or India were part of England. Oh wait, they're all former colonies, which is totally the same as being English. Hmm... The funny thing is that England isn't even (and has never been) a tea-producing nation.
11 comments:
Sometimes I think you're too smart for your own good. It's just tea... that's all... tea.
:p
meghan's comment made me laugh out loud.
seriously, just tea. :)
no, it's not just tea....it's the political oppression behind the tea that is important.
i get it.
the tea is symbolic
thanks, steph :) i'm glad someone understands ;)
still laughing out loud.
I love you girls. what would my life be without you? :)
you're making me tired Melissa
JUST TEA? I can't believe anyone would ever say that!!!
melissa, we're in a comment war. This comment has now made you tied so we have ten comments each.
I believe you should stay away from tea. Anything that leads you down that thought process has to be bad for you. Might I suggest coffee or hot cocoa?
Post a Comment