Sunday, April 22, 2007

to old friends near and far

In all my moving around, I've done my best to keep in touch with people, but I've also lost track of more people than I'd care to admit. Tonight I got to reconnect with an old friend. I'm ashamed to say that it had been literally years since I'd talked to her. We'd both moved and gotten busy with graduate programs and totally lost track of each other.

Just a few weeks ago we were "reunited" through Facebook, and tonight we talked on the phone for the first time in around 4 years. It was wonderful to talk to her :) I think it's a sign of a good friendship when after not talking for that long, you can still talk easily with each other. I really hope we're able to do better at staying in contact this time around. Somehow I think we will be.

---

I spent the weekend visiting Stacy & Nate. Stacy & I had big plans for the weekend. The plan: clean out Stacy's clothing closet. We were entirely successful. Maybe I'm just a big dork, but I really like cleaning out clothing closets. Normally it's my own, and I do it every time I move (so about every 1 to 2 years). There's just something really satisfying about purging the old, worn-out, unworn items out of the closet.

On another note, I just love that I live so close to Stacy & Nate. It's been so wonderful to be able to reconnect with them and to get to know them better as individuals and as a couple. I love seeing how friends change and mature over time and experiencing how our friendship changes and matures too.

2 comments:

Janis VV said...

I am so glad you have friends you can get together with so far from home. :)

studiocitro said...

you need to come and inspect my closet - better yet, figure out how to stuff it all in two suitcases...